QuickBooks is an accounting program that is multi-dimensional and provides world-class accounting solutions to businesses all over the world. It lets users use two different modes to allow for flexible work in single-user mode as well as multi-user mode.
But, QuickBooks error H202 occurs in the application when a user tries to switch from the one-user mode into the multi-user. Experts advise that if your files are damaged or Database Server Manager is inactive and you are susceptible to the error. The fastest way to eliminate the problem is to use the QB Tool Hub on your device. If it doesn’t help read the following blog and get rid of the issue.
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
On a multi-user system, the QuickBooks Company File files (QBW) are saved on the server computer. The other computers on the network (that do not host the QBW file) are referred to as workstations. If a workstation is unable to access a company file that is stored on a different computer, it will result in an being unable to access H202 QuickBooks errors. The error message is as the following:
Fundamental reasons For QuickBooks H202 Error
- Incorrect QuickBooks file hosting configurations or settings.
- QuickBooks communication is stopped due to the External or internal Firewall.
- QuickBooks workstation is not able to communicate with the Host PC (IP address Configured correctly)
- A conflicting QuickBooks Database Manager conflicts with DNS Server.
- QuickBooks Services Crashes or missing essential components.
- A Clash Multiple Database Server Manager versions running.
- QuickBooks Predefined Ports aren’t available.
- QBDBmgrn not running.
Let’s Get Resolved QuickBooks Error code H202
QuickBooks Multi-user mode not working Error H202 can occur due to server side issue as well as workstation side issue. Thus we have categorized For server side configuration as well as workstation configuration. So follow the subsequent solutions to fix Error code H202 in QuickBooks right away.
Technique 1: Verify Connectivity in between Server and workstations
This will help’s you to identify the issue is related to network or something else is triggering it. Follow the steps to conduct network connectivity test.
- Firstly Close QuickBooks Desktop Program in all workstations.
- Now, In the server Press Keyword “Windows + R“, To entertain “Run Program“.
Note: If the server is not accessible then contact to IT team to know QuickBooks server IP.
- Enter “CMD” in the Run search Field.(CMD= Command Prompt)
- Type “PING IP address“. IE ping 188.8.131.52.
Ping statistics for 184.108.40.206:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 11ms, Maximum = 48ms, Average = 26ms
For my case ping command result come positive because there is no data Loss.
Technique 2: Verify QuickBooks essential services running or not
This step can only performed by QuickBooks Server Admin who have authority to run, stop, restart services. So Follow the steps If you are admin.
- Click on Windows “Start Menu” Button.
- In “Start Menu“, Type “Command Prompt” and Select the “Open” option.
- Type “services.msc” and Click on “Ok” or Press “Enter” From the Keyboard.
- In service Window, You will Find all installed program services and their status.
- Press “q” button from keyword and then start Looking For QBCFMonitorService.
- If you find qbcfmonitorservice status stopped, so right click and select Restart right away.
- Again Select qbcfmonitorservice and this time select for properties option.
- And In Properties, select “recovery” tab.
- You will Find three option what if service fails, so you need to set them as mentioned below.
- First Failure.
- Second Failure.
- Subsequent Failure.
- After that, Go and Search For qbdbmgrn.exe, It is the service of QuickBooks Database server manager and It must be up and running, If you are using QuickBooks on multi-user mode.
- Check qbdbmgrn service status, If it is stopped, then start it.
- Next, Configure it from properties >> recovery >> what if this service failed.
We Hope so the Error code H202 is disappeared now, However, If the issue is still bothering you to use your QuickBooks, So there might be something is more to diagnose which can only be done by QuickBooks Data Service Team, Thus, I recommend step ahead and Dial 1-(888)-293-0274 and Let experts fix QuickBooks desktop error H202 right-away.