QuickBooks requires a number of windows components in order to run efficiently on your computer, without generating errors. But, QuickBooks Desktop may come with a variety of errors if one of these components becomes damaged or ceases to function correctly. QuickBooks Event ID 4 is an error that happens when the user starts QBi, the QuickBooks Integration Manager software (QBi). Another reason for this is that you’ve been running .Net Framework 4.0 or any prior version of your operating system (on Windows 7 Service Pack 1). If it happens that error message is displayed on your screen:
What is QuickBooks Event ID 4? A brief introduction
Event ID 4 error in QuickBooks may occur due to an unusual behavior that is a result of Windows 7 .NET Framework 4.0. The issue can be identified upon launching QuickBooks Integration Manager (QBi). If the error is encountered you could see any of the messages below displayed on the screen “Integration Manager was unable to connect with QuickBooks. Be sure to ensure that the QuickBooks connection is opened” when it takes place.” or “QuickBooks event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks: Returning NULL QBW in Instance Handle”. In this blog we will go over possible causes for the error, as well as symptoms and solutions to fix the QuickBooks event ID 4 error.
Are tired with pointless solutions to resolve Error event id, If so, we would recommend you to try to reach out to Quick4Support Experts at +1-(888)-293-0274 to get instant resolution.
Causes leading to Integration Manager Error In QuickBooks
One of the most obvious motives behind the Integration Manager Errors in QuickBooks is a problem with an issue with the .net framework and the .NET Framework 4.0 SP. There are other reasons that could cause this QuickBooks Event ID 4 error which are described below:
- QB event ID 4 error is because of the corruption or damage to the QuickBooks corporate file.
- It could be because of the damage caused by viruses as well as malware attacks.
- Incorrect or incomplete installation of QuickBooks desktop application causes an event 4 error in QuickBooks.
- Another reason is the damage to the registries(Windows registry).
- If a background program begins to interfere with QuickBooks processes and then deletes an important company file in error.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Event id 4 Error in QuickBooks:
To Resolve QuickBooks Error event id 4, perform the following listed steps :
Troubleshooting Step 1: Reinstall .Net Framework on Windows
The incompatibility between Microsoft .NET Framework with third-party software is among the main causes for warnings and errors on the Windows event log. Thus, reinstalling and re-updating .NET Framework manually resolves the issue in the majority of instances.
- Press “Windows + R” key simultaneously on your keyboard , to open the Run Window.
- Enter the command “Appwiz.cpl” and press Enter.
- Under the Features and Programs list, search for “Microsoft .Net Framework” and select it.
- Choose “Uninstall/Change” and after the process of uninstallation completes, reboot your computer.
- Then, go into your windows >> Programs and Features window. Then, from the left-hand side panel select Add or Remove Windows Features.
- On the page of available programs from the list of programs, click “Microsoft .Net Framework” to expand.
- Mark the first and second checkboxes, then click the OK.
- Follow the directions that show on your screen in order to remove your MS framework that was installed.
- After you have removed the previous installation then start downloading and installing the newest version Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8,
- You can then restart Windows and open QuickBooks Integration Manager once again.
Note: If you’re unable to uninstall .NET Framework from your computer You can utilize Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter to solve the problem.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Reinstall QuickBooks Using Clean Install Tool
- Clean Install Tool within QuickBooks restores the function that is damaged that is a part of QuickBooks Desktop application. To start this tool follow the following steps.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Start the tool by opening the Downloads folder of your system.
- Follow the screen-based instructions closely to finish the installation.
- Shut down all the programs running within the Windows.
- Run your QB Clean Install Tool and allow the process to come to an end.
- Restart your computer.
Troubleshooting Step 3. Run the QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve Damaged Company file issues
There could be a number of errors within your Windows event log due to a damaged business file. You don’t have to be concerned if this is your situation, as you can utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair any damage to the company file. QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool that is designed to repair the damaged files of your company and resolve the network issues you have.
Follow the troubleshooting instructions in the following order can resolve QuickBooks Event id 4 Error. We recommend calling Quick4Support Helpline number 1-(888)-293-0274 if you still encounter the same issue (QuickBooks Integration Manager). Our QuickBooks certified specialists are have a proper working knowledge in the resolution of such issues within the software and can guide you through each step of the troubleshooting process to find the best outcome.