QuickBooks provides many vital features for businesses that are essential to smooth operation. These include the ability to track income, expenses, manage bills, and accounts. QuickBooks users can also use Intuit(r), which has developed additional tools to help them with errors and inaccuracies that may arise while using QuickBooks. QuickBooks Verify and Repair Data Utility is one such tool. It can repair corrupt or damaged QuickBooks data. QuickBooks users often deal with data errors that can cause QuickBooks to experience different errors. With Verify and Rebuild Data Utility, you can quickly fix such errors. QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility detect faults in your data and repair them with a single click.
We will also discuss how to use this tool and the steps to rebuild data.
How can errors be resolved using QuickBooks Verify and Repair Data Utility
Here’s a list of common errors that can easily be fixed by QuickBooks Verify and Repair Data Utility.
- If you are unable to find the name or transaction that you need, QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility can be used.
- If not all accounts are displayed in your balance sheet,
- Payments that have been deposited are now appearing as payments to be made.
- Invoice and bills reports will display a negative balance due to discrepancies.
- Any fatal error that causes QuickBooks Desktop to crash.
IMPORTANT To avoid errors and keep your company files free from errors, it is recommended to regularly use QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Data Utility.
Steps to Use the Verify and Rebuild Data Tool
Verify the following points before you attempt to rebuild corrupt or damaged data.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version.
- Close all running applications on Windows.
- Contact support at 1-(888)-293-0274, if you’re a QuickBooks Assisted Payroll user.
Use these steps below to verify and rebuild the data utility
- Open QuickBooks Desktop. Select Utilities from the Menu, then click Verify data.
- After verifying the data, no error message will be displayed. The rebuild tool is not required as the file is already clean.
- If you see the error message your data lost integrity appears, this means that your data file has been damaged and must be repaired.
- Again, Select Utilities from the File Menu and then click rebuild.
- On the Backup Company File Popup Window, click OK.
- Select a location on your computer where you want to save your backup company file, and then click OK.
- The data rebuild process will begin automatically after the backup file has been successfully saved to your desktop.
- After Rebuild Has Completed message appears, hit the OK.
If there are no errors after running the Verify Data Utility, you can then restore the backup of the company file by choosing Backup option under the File menu. To ensure your data is restored to its original state, run the Verify Data Utility again. If the rebuild data tool cannot resolve the errors and the verify data utility finds errors again, then the error can be identified by looking at the qbwin.log file in the QuickBooks folder. For immediate assistance, you can call our Data Recovery team at Number 1-888-293-0274.